The LVMPD Foundation’s Go True Blue campaign kicks off on January 14, 2021 beginning a year-long drive to honor hardworking local officers and law enforcement professionals. The LVMPD Foundation created the Go True Blue campaign as a vehicle for community members to show their support for LVMPD and the strong partnership that exists and continues to strengthen between LVMPD Officers, companies, and residents of Las Vegas and Clark County. The events are in conjunction with Law Enforcement Appreciation Day (LEAD).
To mark the occasion, Clark County Commissioners Michael Naft and William McCurdy, along with LVMPD Police Chief Laz Chavez and LVMPD Foundation Executive Director Tom Kovach, will formally proclaim January as Go True Blue month at the Welcome to the Fabulous Las Vegas sign.
From 9:25 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. and again from 6:00 p.m. to 6:05 p.m., Strip resorts, downtown properties, and other businesses around the valley will illuminate their iconic marquees and building facades in blue light to express their support.
“While LEAD is officially just one calendar day, we promote the Go True Blue campaign throughout the entire year to show gratitude to our officers for all they do,” says Tom Kovach, Executive Director of the LVMPD Foundation. “Thanks to the generous support from many organizations and individuals, the Foundation can advance community engagement initiatives that the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department does in our community. We look forward to a healthy and safe future when we can once again celebrate our gratitude in person.”
Nevadans can show their support in a number of ways:
- Proudly displaying a #GOTRUEBLUE yard sign purchased directly from the lvmpdfoundation.org online shop.
- Thanking an officer when you see him/her and share positive stories of law enforcement on your social media using the hashtag #GOTRUEBLUE.
- Encouraging your children to write cards of support to your local police department.
- Wearing blue clothing as another way to show your support.
- Donating to the LVMPD Foundation at lvmpdfoundation.org/donate.